hold the phone!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from gate.timeinc.com on April 24, 2001 at 15:25:12:

In Reply to: spotting fake action figures posted by geoff on April 24, 2001 at 09:23:42:

WOAH - $500 for Marion - that's insane - I have multiples of all the original figs both in and out of the packaging and trust me - $500 is way way too high. $150-$250 is about right and you can get better deals if you look around.

Feel free to eMail me if you have any question about the figs.

But also one of the best ways you can tell is by carefully checking the image under the blister, you know, where the blister attaches to the cardback. It's really difficult to get it to seperate from the card clean, so if it's been removed you should be able to see a discrepancy there...

If it's a new card and bubble, bootlegged, you'd have to be familiar with the toys to tell but it's not impossible.

Where do you live?

: hey, everyone. does anyone out there know how you can spot if a toy (particularly indy stuff) has been resealed or if the packaging has been re-done? for the 1st time in my life, i found a store nearby that sells 'original' carded raiders figures, but they are extremely pricey ($500 for marion). cards and blisters all looked to be in excellent condition, but how can i be sure? i know about asking for a money-back guarantee, and using a blacklight to see if the blister was reattached, but if its a new blister on a new, homemade card, how can i tell? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]