Re: A formal and public appeal to Micah.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on April 24, 2001 at 19:56:51:

In Reply to: A formal and public appeal to Micah. posted by Indy French on April 24, 2001 at 18:55:48:

: Dear Micah,

: Lately I have seen people who have posted chatroom alerts asked to refrain as it does not coincide with the forum's objectives. This is all well and good if these rules are applied to other subject matter.

: However, this has not been the case in regards to the Indiana Jack craze, which is not in my humble opinion in keeping with the objectives of the Forum, and I know there are others who agree. The Indiana Jack posts have been running rampant and you have taken no action to limit or remove them, yet you have stated explicitly that chatroom posts are not allowed even though they are directly related to the discussion of Indiana Jones.

: Now the Indiana Jack posts are starting to hinder and clutter within topics presented for serious discussion of the Indiana Jones films. It is cluttering the Forum with non-Indiana Jones material IN EXCESS and is becoming a bother to a number of regular forum users. As a person who enjoys posting and reading other posts that keep with the supposed objectives of this Forum according to your rules, I humbly request a comment from you on this Indiana Jack situation.
: Thank you for your time,

I do take offense that you say I have treated the chatroom messages and the Indy Jack messages differently. In both cases, I have made appeals to stop or move to another venue, which have been summarily ignored by all parties. I have yet to go on a deleting tirade for either situation. Maybe it will come to that soon. I don't know.

My strategy thus far has been to hope, perhaps delusionally, that it will wear itself out naturally.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]