Relative merits...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D2K from 1Cust222.tnt3.brentwood.ny.da.uu.net on April 25, 2001 at 01:40:16:

In Reply to: TEMPLE of DOOM: way UNDER-rated by Indyfans posted by Yurik on April 24, 2001 at 22:45:49:

I agree. ToD is quite unique.
I'd bet the problem for this film is a serial version of "middle child syndrome."
Most of us met Indy in Raiders, so that's an automatic favorite, the over achieving big brother who sets the high standards for the family.
Last Crusade is the baby. Who doesn't love (Connery and Ford together)babies? It makes us laugh, hits all the right points (hat, jacket, NAZIs, etc.) And since it was the last to come along, we'll forgive a myriad of sins.
But poor Temple... The middle child. So different from its big brother, so dark and moody. So negative. Not cute and cuddly like the new baby. Stuck out on its own, insisting on being its own film.
Temple was such a departure from Raiders that it disturbed many. This made Crusade oh so much sweeter when it came along and looked a lot like the "original." It simply reaffirmed to some how much they love the Indy they met in Raiders, and they just chose to ignore that odd fellow in that "other" movie.
-Just my take on it. And by the way, I think Temple is great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]