(My humble Luke Skywalker impersonation) NOOOOOOO! That's not possible! You're lying!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveuam.dialup.mindspring.com on April 25, 2001 at 07:04:11:

In Reply to: For all those who want proof that Lucas is full of crap about "artistic integrity" I give you the Star Wars Christmas Special!! posted by California Mike on April 25, 2001 at 05:06:23:

That sounds about as undignified as humanly possible. I'm assuming the Lucas didn't know that SW would last so long...Isn't there a bit about Chewbacca's wife and son, or something? And I don't mean to split hairs, but I assumed that the people of the SW galaxy knew nothing of the joys and sacrifices of the Christian religion...
-graml

: There aren't four star wars movies, there are five.

: In 1978, shortly after star wars, all the original cast came back for a t.v. movie.

: I give you the star wars christmas special.

: The actors involved don't admit they were in it. Lucas on record has said that if he had the time he would track down and destroy every bootleg copy.

: I just downloaded it off the net (yes, i'm a pirate) to see for myself if it is as awful as people say.

: It's worse. It is the worst thing i have ever seen. The only redeeming feature, a boba fett cartoon that lasts 15 minutes and voiced by the original people.
: jefferson starship, carrie fisher singing the "star wars theme", bea arthur, harvey korman in drag, life day, and wookies growling for fifteen minutes with no subtitles.

: go to google, then click on the "neal" link at the bottom when you search star wars christmas special. you will be forever changed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]