correction..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.127 on April 25, 2001 at 12:31:20:

In Reply to: The Petersham doesn't have the horizontal rib or seam... posted by Dakota Ellison on April 25, 2001 at 11:34:16:

the only visual difference i HAVE seen between gros grain and petersham is the edge of the ribbon, where in some it is bound and some it isn't. Are you saying Petersham is smooth, or just that it has no horizontal ribs; because I've never seen ANY ribbon with horizontal ribbing, only vertical.

p.s. if the Raiders ribbon is neither Petersham or grosgrain, what is it? I've never seen the Raiders ribbon close up so I don't know if it's bound or if it has ribbing, although I heard that all 3 films had ribbed ribbon, whereas ROTLA had no bound edge, and TOD and LC did have the bound edge. If Petersham has no ribs, why did HJ tell me the ribbon on my hat was Peterham? It has ribs AND a bound edge...
: : -IS

: : : Would you give me the link to your pics on the ribbon comparison? I am getting into ribbons now,and I know you have researched this subject. I read at a millinery website today, that there is no difference between grosgrain and petersham. They maintained that it was just different terminology for the same product. The Brits call it petersham, while the Americans call it grosgrain. Any thoughts? Thanks, Fedora

: but, I've heard Petersham called "the original grosgain". Look at closeups of Ford in LC and TOD. It's that same scallop edged Petersham ribbon. The Raiders ribbon is not Petersham or grosgain in my opinion.
: Cheers,
: Dakota
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: