Re: Things I've Wondered...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swordmaster from pma-012.wwnet.fi on October 16, 1998 at 12:58:17:

In Reply to: Things I've Wondered... posted by Gobler on October 16, 1998 at 12:20:57:

You really should not think these things, you will only get a headache. ;-)

Here's another one for you: why in EVERY adventure / action movie do the villains tie up the hero and put him into a machine etc. from which the hero will eventually escape? In Raiders, the Nazis had plenty of good situations to simply shoot Indy, instead of leaving him into a pit of snakes or tieing (is that a word) him to a pole. Or in Last Crusade, shoot him instead of putting him into a chair. Isn't that weird?-)

: *And finally, is it just me or does Last Crusade contain several James Bond references? 1: The Rats. In "From Russia With Love", rats pop up in an underground tunnel. 2: The Airplane Scene. Bears a small resemblance to the helicopter scene in the same Bond movie. 3: The Motorcycle Scene. Feels like the motorcycle scene in "Diamonds Are Forever".

Maybe this was intentional (I don't know): Steven Spielberg asked if he could direct a James Bond movie before Raiders, but he was turned down. George Lucas let him do his own "James Bond movie". Maybe this was homage :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]