sorta like oddjob, from james bond, wouldn't you say?..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on April 25, 2001 at 17:45:30:

In Reply to: Also... posted by Dakota Ellison on April 25, 2001 at 16:38:01:

wow, 3 times thicker?

doesn't that bother you, especially in hot weather?

-IS

: : ...but I've found the Fed to have a bit more body out of the box than a Miller, but not by much. Not a big deal to just add stiffner to the hat with shaping, so that's no problem to make it have as much body as a PB if that's what you're after. Regards. Michaelson

:
: ...the felt on the PB is three times thicker than the Fed or Miller. Mine has lost most of its stiffness, but still sits up on the downward pitch of the brim. I agree with Patterson. When new, you could knock yourself out with it, like Jethro, the time he wanted to be a double-naught spy.
: Cheers,
: Dakota

: :
: : : : I know I posted this before, but I fear my post got lost in the
: : : : Indiana Jack mayhem. I know some of you out there must have
: : : : both a PB and a Fed-Fedora or Michaelson, maybe? MK?

: : : : Anyway I wanted to know the comparison of stiffness in these
: : : : particular hats right out of the box. Also after wear, what is the
: : : : comparison?

: : : : Cheers,

: : : : -IS

: : : I'll take a shot. I do not own a Fed, but have worked on some Campdrafts - which the Fed is based upon. The Akubra is relatively limp - even compared to a Miller. The PB - as Joe likes to make them - can be used as weapons! They are prety stiff coming out of the box, though they relax quite nicely with wear. MK ordered his light on the stiffener, and it still had pretty good body to it.

: : : Hope this helps!

: : : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: