Request for IndyFan link

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MF from h000103c532f2.ne.mediaone.net on April 25, 2001 at 22:06:43:

Having tried to search, I've failed, but not given up!

I'm looking for a post or thread detailing the creation of the FlightSuits jacket genesis.

In my useless noggin, I have the notion that the jacket was developed based on a stuntman's Temple Of Doom jacket, so based on that, all the arguments for gussets and cut make no sense (hey - stunman jacket here!)

BUT, I also feel like I've missed a little, or even a lot, of the story in my wanderings in and out.

So before I throw some $$$ Flightsuits way (and I'm NO ONE's idea of a pennypincher, but rather a seeker of fantastic quality) I'd like someone to point me back to some threads specifically on the background of the jacket.

I'm NOT interested in resurrecting the old arguments, so keep those opinons offline for now! :-) (EX: Yeah maybe you love gussets - for example - but if they are only on stunt jackets then they're not original nor germaine. Or maybe you HATE gussets and vise versa is true))

I'm just trying to judge "authenticity" for myself. And what I'm looking for most are links to the provenance of the FlightSuits jacket, which will reveal best...

*FACTS* are always appreciated!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]