Re: To Mack

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mack from 168.191.184.98 on October 16, 1998 at 14:26:04:

In Reply to: To Mack posted by walker on October 16, 1998 at 07:33:12:

: Mack,
: I take it you do have the "writing prowess" to conduct a project like this? Do you really want me to do an edit of your work? It's what I do for a living and trust me, I'd be more than happy to do so. No writer is free from criticism, including myself.

: In addition, wasn't the overall purpose of this project to simply have fun, where people with any level of talent or skill were free to contribute? Has it become an exclusive club to which only you hold the authority to allow others to contribute? Besides which, Toht can start whatever project he wants and you should feel quite welcome to stay out of it

: Now I know that your response to this will be angry and snide and immature. We're used to that - you're kind of the Anti-Michaelson - but that's OK, it's what we all expect at this point.

: Oh, and by the way - being honest and straightforward with someone for the sole purpose of building your own ego and hurting someone else is pathetic. If you aren't interested in working on Toht's project with him you should just keep your mouth shut.
: walker

I apologise for the "writing prowess" remark. I meant to say that I didn't think he had much talent as a writer. But I stand firm for the rest of my remarks.

I didn't say any of this to build my ego, I was just speaking my mind. As a matter of fact, many events that have been happening in my life lately has left me very humbled. I didn't do this to benefit myself.

And what, might I ask, have I said recently to make you expect snide and immature remarks from me? It's would make more sense to say that YOU expect that from me.

Your telling me that you point out other people's writing mistakes for a living? What kind of mistakes? Grammar and spelling? Just wonderin'.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]