Re: Issues I have with my Flight Suits jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe from acqc0205.pica.army.mil on April 26, 2001 at 10:14:19:

In Reply to: Issues I have with my Flight Suits jacket posted by Chris King on April 26, 2001 at 06:00:59:

Chris, your exhibit looks great! Could you please post the brim measurements to your HJ (front and side) and a measurement of the crown height taken at the front. Many thanks.
Joe

: Hi there,

: I've owned my Flight Suits jacket for nearly a month now so I have had time to really look at it and compare it to photos of the original jacket.

: 1. I think the Storm flap is too narrow. It's 1 inch wide on mine. It looks like it should be 1.5 inches to me.
: 2. The cargo pockets are really stiff - they look like they've permanently got thick cardboard in them so they don't crease like the rest of the jacket. I think this is because there is another layer of lambskin between the inside of the pocket and the front of the jacket.
: 3. I think the collar tips are too pointed. I personally feel that Wested's tips are more accurate, even though I admit the collar on the Flight Suits drapes better and is more accurately sized for Raiders.
: 4. The area of leather on the side of the jacket that goes underneath the action pleat is too big. Even when I put my arm fully forward, there is no visible gap that my shirt is visible in.

: These are just my opinions. I may be wrong but I personally feel that if a Wested and Flight Suits were combined, ONLY then would we have a perfect replica of the movie jacket.

: Just venting!

: Chris.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: