Not looking for trouble

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake from cdm-60-159-sana.cox-internet.com on April 26, 2001 at 12:09:33:

In Reply to: The plot seems to thicken.... posted by Indy French on April 25, 2001 at 21:48:21:

After leaving the chatroom for awhile (change in duty stations is a rough thing!), I came by for a visit and I can't help but notice these postings.
Well, I can relate to all parties concerned here.
First, to Belle. I can understand where you're coming from. Within my first few posts here, I was already feeling a little bit of, well--I suppose "hostility" is the word, since one can never truly determine intent behind the words of typed print, and I was certainly made to feel like an outsider when I failed to correctly identify a "Wested" as a jacket. I little doubt that this post will get a few bitter responses, as well, so answering this was probably just looking for trouble. Some critters just ain't ever gonna learn.
But there are hostile people everywhere in these forums (even the Princess Jasmine and Meat Loaf ones), so I don't hold it against my fellow Indiana Jones fans. There are just varying levels of dedication.
To Indy French (sorry, but I had to back Belle up just for a moment), all that you say I agree with. But if you were looking for someone who has zip to do with Syracuse (I'm just one concerned, cynical ex-hippie now working for the establishment who would rather see us all just get along) back them up just a little, well--here this person is.
By the way, any further plans on the "red-line" trip to Egypt? Did you read the advice that I posted a long time ago now? I never saw a response.
I guess I'm getting as long-winded as S. Morgenstern here, so all I want to say is friends, strangers, "obsessed" and "casuals," the forum is the forum. If you don't like the subject, you may leave. And if you post, prepare to have your arse kicked a little.
And hey, let's be careful out there.
--Jake

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: