Hmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.75.224 on April 26, 2001 at 13:20:53:

In Reply to: Ribbon closeups from the 3 movies..... posted by Dakota Ellison on April 26, 2001 at 11:06:02:

thanks for posting the pics!

The LC pic is the same one I saw and definitely shows enough detail to see no bound edge and the ribs. I'd like to get Greg's opinion on whether this is gros grain or Petersham, or what. It looks identical to the ribbon on my HJ, except mine has the bound edge. Mr Swales told me mine was Petersham (at least it's supposed to be, I asked for the authentic 39mm Petersham).

The Temple and ROTLA pics, especially the ROTLA, are more diffiucult to identify. I can't see anything in the ROTLA pic; there might be ribbing and a bound edge there-or not. The Temple pic I will agree with you that there seems to be the ribs, and probably no bound edge.

Too bad the one I'm most interested in (the Raiders) is the hardet to tell!

I'll tell you what:
Tonight I'll play Raiders on laserdisc on a huge tv screen I have. I'll try to pause the beginning scene you talked about and tell what's going on with the raiders ribbon.

Thanks again for posting the pics.

-IS

-----
: I was working on these last night and I read the post about this hobby overcoming the rest of your life, was overcome with guilt and stopped to watch TV with my wife. Today the guilt is gone. These are the best large shot I have. The LC is the best and clearly shows the ribbon to be unbound petersham. The ToD appears to be also unbound petersham, with a somewhat finer ribbing. The RLA is somewhat inconclusive with the light on it, but appears to be a tight weave with no ribbing. Maybe we could get Patterson, to use his company's digital enhancing equipment to get a better shot from the film. Any way, here they are.
: Cheers,
: Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: