Re: Indy's 'leap of Faith'

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on April 26, 2001 at 14:51:16:

In Reply to: Indy's 'leap of Faith' posted by Indiana Dog on April 26, 2001 at 14:27:09:

What about TOD where he recites the verse in Hindu to enact the shankara stones?

: Would it be safe to say that Indiana Jones is a christian? Besides finding proof in 'Raiders' and the Holy Grail (which 'In Search Of' did a great show on that they aired a few days ago) I would think that he wouldn't have taken the leap of faith if he wasn't. I know he didn't have a choice if he wanted to save his Dad. He's obviously a scientist (which he used to try and 'get some' in TOD) and since scientists ordinarily aren't beleivers. (Noticed I said ORDINARILY. I know there are MANY acceptions, just generally speaking here) I wonder how this would have changed him in his later years. Not wanting to turn this into a big 'religious thing' but I was just curious to see what y'all thought. Did he come up with a scientific reason of how/why things worked or was he a God fearing (not just when he's tied to a post) man?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]