Re: Ribbon closeups from the 3 movies.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001a-p3-137.cybertours.com on April 26, 2001 at 20:24:45:

In Reply to: Ribbon closeups from the 3 movies..... posted by Dakota Ellison on April 26, 2001 at 11:06:02:

: I was working on these last night and I read the post about this hobby overcoming the rest of your life, was overcome with guilt and stopped to watch TV with my wife. Today the guilt is gone. These are the best large shot I have. The LC is the best and clearly shows the ribbon to be unbound petersham. The ToD appears to be also unbound petersham, with a somewhat finer ribbing. The RLA is somewhat inconclusive with the light on it, but appears to be a tight weave with no ribbing. Maybe we could get Patterson, to use his company's digital enhancing equipment to get a better shot from the film. Any way, here they are.

Yeah, I mentioned all of this a while ago and posted on photopoint the pictures of all of the various ribbon I'd gathered over the last year and half...It is clear the the ribbon that HJ is offering now is a replica of the bound-edge Raiders ribbon and the LC and Temple ribbon is unbound, certainly, but you are right that the ribbing is fine, but I think that ribbon like Judith M's ribbon is almost the same, but not as high in quality or thickness as the original ribbon. I would love to see if a ribbon company could reproduce the LC ribbon perfectly...
Might approach Hendler or the company that HJ works with out of Spain to see what they have or could do...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]