An end to the madness...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sir Richard from h0010b5bf5601.ne.mediaone.net on April 26, 2001 at 21:55:34:

In Reply to: Thinking about getting a whip... posted by Georgiana Jones on April 26, 2001 at 21:40:11:

I don't have a Mark Allen but I have heard good things about them. If you have enough money (or if, not save up) get a David Morgan whip, they are indeed the best. 12 plait and 16 plait are the number of leather strands that are used to braid the whip. 16 plait is more for decorative purposes than practicality. 12 plait is the choice for working cowboys, movie stuntmen and is the number of plaits on the whips Indy carried in the movies. Two tone is a braided combination where half the whip is brown and the other half is black. The Indy whip was all brown. For me, I really like the 10 foot whips. They are the best all purpose whip and if you just want it as a prop or even for heavy use, it is the best. 6 footers are way too short, 8 foot is OK, 10 foot is definitely the best, and 12 footers are not very practical to use but are second best to the 1o footer. Also it depends on your height. The longer the whip the taller you should be, but no matter what the length, anyone can learn to use it. So that rule doesn't always necisarily apply. If you have any questions about whips in general or specific topics, e-mail David Morgan even if you don't decide to buy one of his whips because he and his company are the definitive source on this topic. Get the e-mail address at Indy Gear. Good luck with your purchase and your training!

The perfect Item for me, can't grow out of it, age isn't a factor. People say they praise the Mark Allen whips... My question is this.. What is 12 Plait and 16 plait...thickness?? And it says for colors Brown and 2-tone...huh??? Also, how long is a good suggested length?? I am so confused! Someone please help me out!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]