My opinion on Indy's faith...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from rsvp-208-187-104-83.ac05.rcrd.eli.net on April 26, 2001 at 23:23:03:

In Reply to: Indy's 'leap of Faith' posted by Indiana Dog on April 26, 2001 at 14:27:09:

Honestly, I think Indy was a jack-Mormon. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the term for a person of the Mormon religion that doesn't go by all the rules. I think that he was a jack-mormon for 1 reason:

Now, I know Indy wasn't born and entirely raised in Utah, but most people in Utah in 1912 (as with present day) were Mormon.

I think maybe Indy was baptized, but never grew up following his religion as well....religiously....as his dad did. Why? Simply because his dad was so obsessed with his faith. I think that somewhere down the path, Indy chose to not follow the faith as closely, and, like me, never really bought into organized religion. Also like me, I think he decided just to worship in his own way, not neccesarily by the Rosary or the Book of Mormon, or the Torah for all I know, but just worshipped on his own terms.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]