Kinda drastic given the praise after you originally received it, don't you think? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wm084.proxy.aol.com on April 27, 2001 at 13:08:17:

In Reply to: Thanks Patterson. I'm going to send it back. I just have to decide if I want a refund or not. posted by Chris King on April 26, 2001 at 16:27:17:

: : Sorry, but I kept crashing when I tried to respond directly to the string of posts below, and finally gave up and created a new post. Hopefully, that will not affect the flow of the discussion on the string.

: : ANYWAY...

: : Chris- they put the A2 storm flap on your jacket. I'm certain of it. It almost happened to mine, and Dave Marshall caught it before it went out. Seems to have been a bit of a learning curve for the folks assembling the jacket? It should, in fact, be 1.5 inches wide.

: : On the other issues? Well, when mine was new it had the same stiffness characteristics. I wore the jacket a lot, ran it through the dryer (no heat!) for a total of about 5 hours, and followed some sage advice from Dave Marshall- I absolutely do not baby this jacket! Dave said, "Don't hang this on a nice wooden hanger next to your Armani suits. At night when you take it off, just wad it up and throw it in the corner!" That’s what I do. I guess I've had mine 6 weeks now? Well, after that much time, my "suit of armor veg goatskin" is soft and very, VERY supple. I’d lay even money more than a few of the most knowledgeable Indyfans out there would mistake it for lambskin – especially outside of a few feet. The pockets and collar did take the longest to give, but after about3 weeks they surrendered- COMPLETELY.

: : The point of the collar was a special request of mine. The original I saw had the more dramatic point. Yes, there are scenes with the more blunt collar, but there are just as many with the more dramatic point. Wested's or Wilson’s House of Leather and Suede? I don’t know if that makes a difference. Given Peter’s guidance, I am 99.99999% sure I was looking at a Botwright-made jacket. Actually, if you look at the Wested site, you'll see the jacket they have on their mannequin has the more dramatic point as well.

: : You need to call Dave to fix that storm flap, though. I'll bet real money they used the A2 spec. Hey - it's a chance to switch to the veg goat (grin).

: : Hope this helps! Remember that the Expedition is made to be worn and abused - don't baby it like it's just a prop.

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]