Nice pics! Don't leave us in suspense long! Or is that your mast plan? :-) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-th021.proxy.aol.com on April 27, 2001 at 16:32:58:

In Reply to: Adventure to San Francisco (with pics) posted by MK on April 27, 2001 at 09:04:47:

:
:

: Adventure to San Francisco.
:
:

:

: “By George I think I’ve got it!” I said looking at the magnified magazine photo. Ring! Another elusive detail in a mystery had revealed itself through extreme photographic analysis. Ring! “Yes! That’s it!” It was only then that the insistent ringing of the telephone broke through my concentration. I picked up the receiver. It was my contact in Hollywood. “Get the next plane to San Francisco” he said. “I’ve made special arrangements for you to meet with someone from LucasFilm”. With my eyes widening, I quickly grabbed my notepad as he continued. “It’s all very hush-hush. We are meeting him for dinner and everything is off-the-record.” I started to ask a question and he said, “I can’t talk now. Catch the next flight out and I will fill you in when we rendezvous at the hotel.”
:
:

:

: As I hung up the phone, ideas and question were racing through my brain. “Is there going to be a Indy 4? When is Raiders going to be on DVD? Where are the patterns for the movie jacket? Who really shot JFK?” Also there was the top-secret project I had been working on.
:
:

:

: Driving to the airport a big sedan in the rearview mirror caught my eye. It occurred to me it had there most of the way. It was two cars back and the glass was dark, but I could see at least two men. Were they following me? I changed lanes and slowed. A quick glance in the mirror told me the big car had made the same move. Were they just going to the airport too? I made a turn. The sedan did too. “Ah oh!”
:
:

:

: A few quick turns and I had lost my tail. I checked the cars behind me. The coast seemed to be clear. Had that car really been following me? Who were they? Had there been a leak? Was it LucasFilm? Could it be George? Was it Abner?
:
:

:

:

:

: As I took my seat on the airplane I noticed a man with coming down the isle. The dark suit was immaculate. His shoes were pristine. It looked like they we bought that day. Yet I had an uneasy feeling about him. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something was a skew. The flight was under booked and there were plenty of seats. Everyone had their own row. I was setting 2/3rd’s of the way back, so it added to my uneasiness when the dark suited man sat a row behind me. I could feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why the paranoia? No one could possibly know of the covert meeting. In due course the plane was humming along at cruising altitude and my crazy ideas drifted away as I lost myself in a magazine.

:

:

:

: We were making our decent when I was jolted off the page by loud voices. A commotion was happening in the front. I couldn’t really see what the trouble was. Then I caught a glimpse of the pristine man struggling with someone. How did he get past me without me noticing him? “WHAT’S GOING ON?” ,yelled a man standing a couple of rows in front of me.
:
:

:

: BANG!!
:
:

:

: BANG!!
:
:

:

: Screams of panic were erupting throughout the cabin. The plane was now weaving like a drunk driver was at the wheel. Before knowing what was happening, I found myself running towards the cockpit. The door was ajar. It opened just as I arrived. Inside both pilots were slumped over. The pristine man emerged holding a revolver. As he turned toward me, I lunged myself at him. We struggled for the gun. Shots were firing. One caught him in the chest and he collapsed against the wall starring at me. It was obvious he had just a few moments. The shock on his face then turned to a grin. With blood oozing from his chest and mouth he said, “I’m not going to make it,…. but neither are you”. WHO ARE YOU?? I said. But he just responded in a gurgled laughed. Then his smiling eyes turned glassy.
:
:

:

: I pulled the dead pilot away and sat behind the controls. We were still a few thousand feet up, but the plane was descending too fast. I pulled back hard on the stick. Nothing seemed to be changing. The water was getting ever closer. But then slowly the big plane started leveling out. I looked around for the radio only to find it had been destroyed in the gunfire.
:
:

:

: Just when I was thinking nothing could be worse, I heard a buzzing sound growing ever louder. I jumped as machine gun fire erupted, followed by a plane streaking past our nose. FIGHTER AIRCRAFT.
:
:

:

: Who is trying to kill me? How am I going to fly this plane? What am going to do about the fighters? Will I die not knowing if Indy 4 will be made?
:
:

:

:

: …………..Tune in next time for Adventure to San Francisco: Part two
:
:

:

:

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup: