Progression of faith

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by -bullwhip from spider-mtc-tc064.proxy.aol.com on April 27, 2001 at 19:02:57:

In Reply to: Indy's 'leap of Faith' posted by Indiana Dog on April 26, 2001 at 14:27:09:

I doubt that I can add anything to this discussion, but here it goes.
I see the movies, in the order of TOD, RLA, and TLC, as Indy's progression of faith. After experiencing the power of the occult in TOD, Indy comes into contact with the power of the God of the Old Testament. After this Indy then experiences the power of the God of the New Testament (still the same God). It is as if he has found the occult inferior to the God of the Bible. He sees opposing views and chooses the most viable one. His knowledge of other religions is secondary from his experience of the power of the God of the Bible.

Just a side note: Would the creators of Indy (Spielberg, who is Jewish, and Lucas, who believes in some sort of Force) really create a character that obviously turns to Christianity. I don't think they would. But, who am I?

Regardless of what Indy believes, the real question is what do you believe? You can try to avoid the question, but sooner or later you will have to answer it. One way or another. I say with will all the sincerity in the world and with the desire not to offend anyone. I know this is Indy realated topics only, I just hope to point out that there is more to this life than Indy and the day to day activities which consume us all.

Honestly,
-bullwhip

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: