Greetings Georgiana. Here is my $605 worth.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Canasta Flats from 7eos127.eosinc.com on April 27, 2001 at 23:36:09:

In Reply to: For those of you who care....I have made my whip decision...I think... posted by Georgiana Jones on April 27, 2001 at 18:00:53:

I have been a professional whip handler for many years and own both the Morgan and Mark Allen Indy Style whips among others.
For the money, the MA whip is a very good whip. I have had mine for around six years and it has held up very nicely. The modeling is somewhat different than the DM; shorter handle, smaller knob and lighter weight kangaroo.
The DM of course is right on the money if you are looking for "true" authenticity. I have had my DM for over ten years and it is still in great shape, and it has seen much more abuse than the MA whip. (trying all that crazy Indy stuff plus asphalt streets during shows)

I completely understand how the MA $$$ would be more appealing - Especially for those who are on a limited whip budget. Whips arent cheap as we all know.

However if you are only going to buy ONE whip in your lifetime, save the extra money and go for the morgan. If you take care of it, you will have a whip that you can be proud of for the rest of your life and give to your grandkids. Plus you'll own one of the best whips in the world and authentic piece of movie history that is sure to increase in value once DM retires.

There's my $605 worth.
Best of luck and have fun.
Warmly, Canasta

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: