Re: Gemma-Jayne 'Harry' Hudgell

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Caroline (Caz) from typhon.herts.ac.uk on April 28, 2001 at 09:21:56:

In Reply to: Gemma-Jayne 'Harry' Hudgell posted by Micah on April 22, 2001 at 18:13:29:

: I quite obviously deserve a new Indy jacket, as being without one whilst parading under the name 'Harry'
: (short for Harrison...) makes me appear somewhat lacking. No-one ever gets what 'Harry' is short for
: unless I explain the link. Help me!! If I have to explain again I'll go mad! Besides, I need it to go with my
: hat and whip.

: Consider also my fieldwork in South Africa. Archaeology out there gets very hot and dusty; a lightweight
: cotton jacket of the Jones type would be ideal to protect my back from the harsh sun, leopard attack,
: baboon spiders, black mambas, my supervisor, and so on, whilst being equally handy to keep off the chill
: whilst scrabbling avec trowel amongst the bones in the Makapansgat caves. Naturally, the said item would
: look damn good as I lead my team of dedicated students through the acacia groves, machete in hand.

: Ponder next the imminence of my 24th birthday at the end of the month. Have you got me anything yet?
: Indeed. I thought not.

: I desperately require the use of such a jacket, as I am currently struggling to make ends meet as a
: hardworking, unpaid doctoral student and cannot afford such luxuries as outer clothing. Besides, I'm an
: archaeologist and I'd blatantly look silly without it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]