Re: Giant Alligator?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mack from 168.191.153.232 on October 17, 1998 at 16:32:03:

In Reply to: Giant Alligator? posted by nitzsche on October 17, 1998 at 11:24:58:

: : : Should it be like Raiders, adventurous, supenseful, thrilling; Temple of Doom, dark, scary, freedom-fighter; Last Crusade, humorous, colorful, (only a few seconds of the Indy march music), fun actioner, or should it have a tone all it's own.

: : : BTW, I realize that some of you might not agree with the adjectives I used. I was just trying to individualize each movie.

: : : -Mithrandir-

: : I think it should have more action and they should make the action weird and humerous. Ex: Indy has to fight a giant alligator and slams him face first into a wall. He wins the fight of course, but afterwards he is so beat up he can barely talk. Stuff like that. A somewhat darker tone (not as dark as ToD) could help to.

:
: a what? is this something you've really dwelled upon? give more details. i'm interested in this. you're right that it would be weird; the humor part...laughing WITH the movie, or AT the movie?

: --nitzsche

Laughing WITH the movie. It doesn't necessarily have to be a giant alligator, but just something weird like that. Plus, the action has to have more humor in it. I'm not talking slap-sticky humor, I'm talking like "Ooh, that's gotta hurt!" humor. You know, like in Tod the thugee fell on the tracks and the cart full of guards behind him tripped over him, flew off the tracks, smacked into some wooden beams and finally splashed into the water. I never laughed harder in my life when that happened. I want to see some more of that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]