Really, this is over the top even for me...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tf074.proxy.aol.com on April 28, 2001 at 18:44:31:

In Reply to: Difference on FS jacket. posted by Azuma on April 28, 2001 at 05:00:28:

: Hi,

: After examed my newly arrived FS jacket, I find out that the stitch on brim of its collar seems to be different than the one in the movie. It appears that stitch is closer to brim on the original jacket. I am not quite sure about that, but here is the pic for comparison. BTW, Petterson do you know anything about that, since you have seen the original one.

: Best,

: Azuma
: if the link does not work, please check:
: http://members.nbci.com/tu98/ebay/Collar.jpg

FS and Lee Keppler really hammered me on those same details from the original - they wanted the look to be right on, down to the stitching. As the original was, the FS is. I think the two look virtually identical - i.e. any difference is immaterial to me. I cannot call them on variations from jacket to jacket in the 1/16 inch range - that's over the top even for me. The width/placement of the stitching is as FS requested me to measure from the original, as is the arrangement of the panels and top stitching.

Really, I'm about to call up DeWayne to see if we can start a support group. I guess my point is this; I do not think you can expect anybody to reporoduce the stitching to the tolerances you're discussing. IMHO.

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]