Re: The Fire in His Eyes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip233-s06.inetnorth.net on October 18, 1998 at 14:09:08:

In Reply to: Re: The Fire in His Eyes... posted by Webley on October 18, 1998 at 05:03:47:

: : : Anyone ever pay attention to Indy's eyes especially ehen he's in a fight sequence? The entire truck scene in Raiders, when he (and Short Round, sort of, while he pummeling the Majarajah) is punching out that burly Thugee guy in ToD, when he climbs back onto the tank in LC, the boat scene in LC, when we first see Indy's face in Raiders, when he lets fly five successive punches at the Nazi during the plane scene in Raiders, when he throws the rock at the afore-mentioned Thugee...there's a few more, but those are some prime examples. If you watch his eyes, there is such an intensity, a fire in them that I'm not sure if Ford's acting. If he's supposed to be pissed off, he will be PISSED OFF! That'd scare the hell out of me if I was face to face with Indy.

: : : -Stormcrow-

: : Hehe, I've been pretty quiet for awhile and now it looks like I have to change my name a bit cause someone else named Jeff is here now.

: : Personally, I've been kinda fascinated with this one scene near the end of Raiders. Indy is at the sub base and he's beat up some Nazi but the Nazi's clothes don't fit.
: : Then some Nazi officer comes around and starts berating Indy in german. Watch Harrison Fords face during the scene. It's pretty cool the way he acts kinda embarasseed while combing his hair. Then the violent switch of knee to the german's groin. Watch the face. Wonderful acting, almost scary.

: I also love the scene in the Truck chase when a Egyptian fals before the truck window. Then Harrison Ford laughs. I love that expression on his face! And how he asked for whiskey in Marion's bar during the fight!
: -Webley-

That just goes to show how cool he is under fire (pun intended) I mean, anyone who can just say "whiskey" with broken bottles and shotglasses digging into his chest and some guy twice his size pushing him into them has got to be hardy and tough.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]