Brand new hand-aged Wested "Temple" for sale

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust235.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on April 29, 2001 at 07:56:25:

Although I absolutely love my new Wested and took a lot of careful time acetoning it and distressing it, after a couple days I came to the conclusion that it just hung a little too big on me. So, I think I may be purchading a smaller size for myself. I'm also interested in selling the is one if anyone is interested.

You can see pics on MK's post below entitiled "Yurik's hand-aged ToD Wested".

Here are a few stats on the jacket:

I recieved it just two weeks ago(Easter Sunday). It is a 44L "Temple" Wested New Lamb with cotton-lining. Of course, the current modifications are on it.

I distressed it with the certainty I was going to keep it, so I did a very careful job on it. In fact, I was very satisfied with the end result. It looks like a great "film" jacket. It's obvious that Wested jackets will never age naturally to resemble a "film" jacket, so acetoning is an excellent option, which has already been done to the jacket. As I said in MK's post, the distressing process has NOT damaged the actual leather of the jacket at all, rather it has only manipulated the dye.

Because the whether in SC has not been favorable for jacket-wearing, I've only worn the jacket twice. And, since I'm certain I'm going to sell it I've kept it safely tucked away in my closet(not to be worn again).

If you're interested in purchasing it, keep in mind that I'm selling for to the purchase price. Here are a few reasons:
- it's brand new, worn twice
- no 8 week waiting period to receive it
- a carefully hand-done distressing process(which took me over 10
hours) has been applied to it.
My asking price is $225(plus shipping). I'll send it to you in it's original box and plastic, along with the certificate of authenticity.

Remember, that FATHER'S DAY is coming up. This would be a great gift idea for anyone to give to an Indyfan father(which I plan on doing someday, but it wouldn't fit my dad).

Feel free to e-mail me with interest or questions at: yurik10@juno.com. I'm just wanting to offer it to the forum before I place it on ebay. I'll wait a few days for any replies(if anyone is interested).

Enjoy your day

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: