Thickness, as in "how thick the leather panels are?"...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-ta073.proxy.aol.com on April 29, 2001 at 15:17:55:

In Reply to: Flightsuits collar: Azuma, Patterson, etc. posted by indyan on April 29, 2001 at 11:09:50:

: I think you are right in your pic, Azuma.
: Not sure if every jacket might be stiched the same way in the factory.
: i SAY THIS ONLY BECAUSE SOME OTHER fs iNDY JACKETS i'VE SEEN HAVE BEEN A LITTLE DIFFERENt.

: Th thing being overlooked however, is the thickness of the Flightsuits collar.
: I mean, why is it not like other jacket makers?
: It is obviously too thick.
: Look again:

: http://members.nbci.com/tu98/ebay/Collar.jpg

The thickness of these panels together? That depends on the leather you choose. Lamb and goat runs 1.0-1.1 ( I believe), while the horse and deer are considerably thicker. These are FS numbers. Peter's current lamb is too thin, IMHO, while his new finish cow is perfect - the same as my FS veg goat and the samples of lambskin. The lamb may look "puffy" at first, but this does settle down WHEN YOU ACTUALLY WEAR THE JACKET.

Sorry, but these observations baffle me. I'd love to listen in when somebody (not me) calls in and tells FS, "Hey, your collars are too thick - go to this scene in Raiders..." Remember when everyone wanted to believe Westeds were dead-on reproductions of "the jacket", and anyone who cast any doubt was branded a heretic? Funny (not "ha-ha") how things change...

Michaelson warned me about this, and I really should have listened...

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]