Re: Thickness, as in "how thick the leather panels are?"...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Azuma from 12.25.217.170 on April 29, 2001 at 17:57:07:

In Reply to: Thickness, as in "how thick the leather panels are?"... posted by Patterson on April 29, 2001 at 15:17:55:

Actually, I kind like the way FS collar is. Any way, how is peter's new finish cowhide? Is it good? Thanks.

Azuma

: : I think you are right in your pic, Azuma.
: : Not sure if every jacket might be stiched the same way in the factory.
: : i SAY THIS ONLY BECAUSE SOME OTHER fs iNDY JACKETS i'VE SEEN HAVE BEEN A LITTLE DIFFERENt.

: : Th thing being overlooked however, is the thickness of the Flightsuits collar.
: : I mean, why is it not like other jacket makers?
: : It is obviously too thick.
: : Look again:

: : http://members.nbci.com/tu98/ebay/Collar.jpg

: The thickness of these panels together? That depends on the leather you choose. Lamb and goat runs 1.0-1.1 ( I believe), while the horse and deer are considerably thicker. These are FS numbers. Peter's current lamb is too thin, IMHO, while his new finish cow is perfect - the same as my FS veg goat and the samples of lambskin. The lamb may look "puffy" at first, but this does settle down WHEN YOU ACTUALLY WEAR THE JACKET.

: Sorry, but these observations baffle me. I'd love to listen in when somebody (not me) calls in and tells FS, "Hey, your collars are too thick - go to this scene in Raiders..." Remember when everyone wanted to believe Westeds were dead-on reproductions of "the jacket", and anyone who cast any doubt was branded a heretic? Funny (not "ha-ha") how things change...

: Michaelson warned me about this, and I really should have listened...

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]