Re: Just one more thing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on October 18, 1998 at 20:37:25:

In Reply to: Just one more thing... posted by Rob Davies on October 18, 1998 at 20:13:37:

: Just briefly,

: I've read and heard from a million different sources that in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in the Well of Souls (or it could even be the Map Room) that there were R2D2 and C3PO hyrogliphics on the walls.

: Where?

: If anyone can substantiate the rumour or better still - tell me where and when to look it would be great.

: Cheers,

: Rob (Australia)
: ---

There is no doubt that C-3PO and R2-D2 are in the Well of Souls. Here in the States they published a paperback book called The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which has a nice, up-close picture of the droids being presented to some Pharoah. The hieroglyphic of the droids is supposed to be behind Indy when he and Sallah are removing the ark from the altar. I've tried to see them, but so far I've been unsuccessful. You're best bet for viewing a glimpse of the in-joke is to try watching the Laserdisc, which I don't have. Since the resolution is clearer, you would probably have a sharper image of the background.

Good Hunting.

Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: