Re: Brand new hand-aged Wested "Temple" for sale

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Parker from 64.211.16.14 on April 30, 2001 at 11:33:33:

In Reply to: Brand new hand-aged Wested "Temple" for sale posted by Yurik on April 29, 2001 at 07:56:25:

Yurik:

I've seen your postings on E-Bay for the Jacket, and I'm interested. I can fit into a 44L but UK measurements are ALWAYS a little different from US. So just to be careful, EXACTLY in Inches, What are the size chest, shoulder, Arms, Neck, Waist, and Back/Torso measurements, of the jacket. Also gang anyone else out there have a 44/46 R/L Wested Jacket Please contact me and please alsoquote the jacket's exact measurements.

Thanks,

Tony

: Although I absolutely love my new Wested and took a lot of careful time acetoning it and distressing it, after a couple days I came to the conclusion that it just hung a little too big on me. So, I think I may be purchading a smaller size for myself. I'm also interested in selling the is one if anyone is interested.

: You can see pics on MK's post below entitiled "Yurik's hand-aged ToD Wested".

: Here are a few stats on the jacket:

: I recieved it just two weeks ago(Easter Sunday). It is a 44L "Temple" Wested New Lamb with cotton-lining. Of course, the current modifications are on it.

: I distressed it with the certainty I was going to keep it, so I did a very careful job on it. In fact, I was very satisfied with the end result. It looks like a great "film" jacket. It's obvious that Wested jackets will never age naturally to resemble a "film" jacket, so acetoning is an excellent option, which has already been done to the jacket. As I said in MK's post, the distressing process has NOT damaged the actual leather of the jacket at all, rather it has only manipulated the dye.

: Because the whether in SC has not been favorable for jacket-wearing, I've only worn the jacket twice. And, since I'm certain I'm going to sell it I've kept it safely tucked away in my closet(not to be worn again).

: If you're interested in purchasing it, keep in mind that I'm selling for to the purchase price. Here are a few reasons:
: - it's brand new, worn twice
: - no 8 week waiting period to receive it
: - a carefully hand-done distressing process(which took me over 10
: hours) has been applied to it.
: My asking price is $225(plus shipping). I'll send it to you in it's original box and plastic, along with the certificate of authenticity.

: Remember, that FATHER'S DAY is coming up. This would be a great gift idea for anyone to give to an Indyfan father(which I plan on doing someday, but it wouldn't fit my dad).

: Feel free to e-mail me with interest or questions at: yurik10@juno.com. I'm just wanting to offer it to the forum before I place it on ebay. I'll wait a few days for any replies(if anyone is interested).

: Enjoy your day

: Yurik
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: