I absolutely agree! And . . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust35.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on April 30, 2001 at 20:48:59:

In Reply to: Artificial aging posted by Rundquist on April 30, 2001 at 20:07:08:

Again, even the film jackets were artificially aged for Ford. If anyone is wanting a film jacket look, you have to artificially age it. I'm very satisfied with the one I'm selling on Ebay(newly distressed) and regret having to get rid of something I spent a lot of careful hours on, even though it's a little too big for me. However, as soon as I receive my next Wested, I'll immediately do the Acetone treatment once again. That's how satisfied I am with the process, considering I'm pretty critical. I also have considered other jackets, besides Wested, but I'm pretty satisfied with how they turn out after distressing.

It's exciting to see people really create a look for their gear in such a bold way. It's scary manipulating the appearance of very expensive clothing with chemicals. I just recently received a Noel Howard ToD gunbelt. However, it had a strange ash haze over it(I'm assuming to give the appearance of wear). But I just felt like it was too artificial-looking. So, tonight I lightly rubbed it with the finest steel wool. It took enough of the haze off to not look so "fake". Then I applied some Pecard's. Now it is PERFECT! Go for it guys and experiment! I promise that your gear will obtain just the look you want if your careful, thoughtful and patient. GEAR RULES!

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]