Re: See if you dig my jacket for sale on Ebay

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust122.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on April 30, 2001 at 21:17:03:

In Reply to: Re: See if you dig my jacket for sale on Ebay posted by Tony Parker on April 30, 2001 at 19:22:55:

Sorry, I hadn't checked my previous post in a while. The reason why I am selling it is because it seems a little too long for me. That would be fine if I were going to own it just to wear. In fact, it would be the fit I would prefer simply to wear about. However, in this case I'm trying to recreate a reasonably close replica of the Temple of Doom wardrobe. This outfit is going to be a "movie prop". His jacket seems to fit a little shorter in ToD(Yes, I'm being extremely anal). Mine is a "Temple" Wested which is about an inch longer in the torso. I've actually forgotten the actual measurements in inches I gave to Peter. However, I'm sure I could call him and he would have them on record. But, as you said measurements can be confusing. Let me paint you a picture of size and how the jacket fits on me.

I am about 6'2" with a 34 waist and about 189 lbs. The torso seems to fit pretty well, but I could probably use an inch off of that. The only thing I'm really concerned about are the sleeves. They rest about an inch or so above my knuckles. I prefer to get a cut they hangs a lot higher than that, almost to my wrist. Where it rests now is pretty standard for any jacket, but in ToD it doesn't fit the same way. If you're at least my height I think you'd be satisfied with it. If you're a little heavier I think it would fit you just the way I'm wanting it to fit me.

Look, the only advantages for purchasing this jacket are: you won't have to wait for 8 weeks and it's perfectly distressed. However, I'm not certain of the price quite yet. Again, it's brand new and I put about 10 hours of sweat(acetoning) into it. Remember that you're at the same disadvantage as everyone else who orders a Wested. You're not going to be absolutely certain how it fits until you slip it on, so I can understand your being careful. So, let know your impression so far. If you like what you hear, I'd be happy to contact Peter for the exact measurements. I'm trying to be as up front and honest as possible with this. I want you to be absolutely satisfied with your jacket. Anyone deserve to be.

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]