Yeah, Baby! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent Brockman from ts011d46.sto-ca.concentric.net on May 01, 2001 at 12:08:23:

In Reply to: To all in favor of Indy gear censorship... posted by S.B. on May 01, 2001 at 01:48:40:

: Greetings, fellow martyrs,
: As I write this missive using an internet account "lent" to me for this purpose, I assure you that the Spatsman is unharmed and will remain so, aside from a few minor ropeburns. His insistance on chewing his gag, however, I can not endorse, and I am blameless in whatever dental difficulties he may experience as a result of this tragic oral fixation.
: I speak now to those who would silence this constant fashion banter, this obsessive babbling cacophony of side-vents and tight pinches, of ribbon colors and animal hides. Your efforts to quell this inane jabber are admirable and proper. Let no one sway you from your rage with pathetic comments such as...
: "Well, if you don't like them, don't read them"
: or..
: "Contribute another topic"
: or...
: "It's Indy-related, isn't it?"
: I know what it is to be continually bombarded with comments concerning the detail of a celebrity figure, and I can fully empathize with your hatred of these childish details. Indy, with his precious high-crown fedora of a less enlightened age, his rather disturbingly Freudian bullwhip, the classic American hero of a shallow and materialistic generation of capitalists, running about in a custom-tailored leather jacket.
: It's the sheer unoriginality of this "archaeologist" that makes me ponder the bleakness of our future and cry out for revolution! He's not but a collection of old cliff-hanger trademarks and cliches, and the public love him for it!
: You believe there's hope? Well, they happen to love tradition, there's no cure for the addiction! Simply censoring this Forum is not enough!
: I say you take action! Do what no one else would dare! Lack of action will simply breed more of this predictable hack style of entertainment! I mean, who would have ever thought that American children wanted to see a clown in flobby red shoes and a head of green hair?
: Nevertheless, he's still here! KRUSTY IS STILL ON TELEVISION!!!!
: .....but I digress.
: Censors and speech-controllers of the Forum, I salute you.
: ~SideShow Bob

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]