I got an OC A2 last week........

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-wq071.proxy.aol.com on May 01, 2001 at 23:18:19:

In Reply to: Re: US Wings "Old Cowhide"..... posted by Yurik on May 01, 2001 at 22:40:24:

...but, I got Roo Indy at the same time. I was in the shop and saw them all. It you want heavy, OC is heavy, but soft. The surface appears to be easy to scratch. I do not think the leather would tear or puncture easily. The color is very light brown, and the leather is open grain. I was originally going to get the OC Indy, but when I saw it next to all the dark brown ones (lamb, goat, cow, VIP) it just didn't look right for an Indy jacket (IMHO). I've been considering seeing what a coat of Pecards would do for it(my A2)by just sampling it in the side breast pocket leather trim. What was your "beef" (so to speak) with the US Wings lamb? I just looked at it briefly but thought it was msuch thicker/heavier feeling than the Wested. BTW, the OC leather does have a strong leather smell to it, but it's not the usual leather smell. Not offensive, just strong and different. Mine is too new to see if it will fade with time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]