"You have chosen... wisely..."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tm042.proxy.aol.com on May 01, 2001 at 23:41:00:

In Reply to: Question for Patterson re: Roo Skin US Wings posted by Michigan Smith on May 01, 2001 at 19:46:53:

: You been layin'low lately? I just got a Roo Skin from Sgt. Hack at his shop. What a great jacket! I can't believe you parted with one of these. To cut to the point, how long did it take for the roo leather to not be so stiff/rigid? Would you see any problem with running it through the dryer with no heat, just tumbling, for a few hours (I read here someone was recommending tha for a FS with similar problem). Or perhaps a coat of Pecards to soften it up? I have actually only worn it for a few hours so far, it's at the tailor's shop having the sleeves lowered an inch. Appreciate any input.
: Regards,
: Michigan Smith

Yep - give her a run in the dryer for about 30 minutes and the leather will relax. With the roo - be careful arounf solvents. The finish is applied as a brown layer on top of a tan layer on top of skin dyed black. The top layers will come righ off if alcohol gets on them. You can, however, add distressed highlights with careful application of alcohol with a cotton swab. Yep - the leather is tough ans VERY nice stuff. Wear it well!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: