"Some day, not today!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Lassiter from proxy.lga.netsetter.com on May 02, 2001 at 17:01:31:

In Reply to: Re: Every great hero is flawed and must die. posted by AM on May 02, 2001 at 16:38:20:

: Max, Max, Max....Do you really want him to die? Who is left on the big screen to close the movie? Talk about a big let down!! Let him fade away!

: By the way, it's nice to see discussion about Indy 4 instead of, "Hey does anyone know where I can spend my hard earned money on a hat, whip, or jacket that people will make fun of me when I wear it in public". If George and company happen to read this, (and they may) Talk about clothing won't help inspire another movie!!

I don't think Indy would like to become a weak old man who reminisces his adventurous life. I don't see him teaching during his later years and retire to a comfortable life.
Indy would keep going on adventures until he'd meet his destiny. This could be a great exit! Maybe he will finally find what he has looked for all his life.
He wouldn't have to die at the end of the movie. He might just hint at his own mortality. When he's told that he is getting too old and that his lifestyle will get him killed some day, he might just say "Some day, not today." I think that might make the point without being overly dramatic.
You are right. Talk about clothes and equipment will not get anybody interested in making a new movie.

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]