Re: Hatwork's Project status

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001-30.cybertours.com on October 20, 1998 at 12:12:50:

In Reply to: Hatwork's Project status posted by Michaelson on October 20, 1998 at 10:36:02:

: Earlier I mentioned that I'm currently involved in a fedora being reworked by the Hatwork's group of Virginia. I spoke to them yesterday, and the projected shipping time to me should be at the end of this week. I also covered some of the ground work regarding the whos/hows/and if's of the process regarding what they can and cannot do, what materials, instructions, etc. and plan to write up a full description and instructions for the Indy Diggs. I'll also, if wanted, give a brief overview here on the forum. I have received several emails regarding this item, and hope this answers the timetable questions I've had. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson, did you send them another fedora to be altered and if so what fedora was it (make, etc.)? I ask because I once asked Anne Ingram (Karen's mother, and I believe the proprietor of Hatworks) about a custom duplicate of the HJ fedora. Anne was the one who replaced the old ribbon on my first HJ hat with the Hyman Hendler ribbon, and once she had my hat in hand, I asked her how much she thought it would cost for her to make a duplicate of the hat (thinking that if they were cheaper than HJ, I could just get subsequent hats from them). She told me that it would be at least $250 and so I would be better off buying the "real thing" so to speak. I was just wondering what kind of hat you sent to them. By the way, I just got back the Delaney ribbon from Karen and Jackie there and it came out a great color (nice and dark brown). As I now have the original ribbon from HJ, I will just hold on to this ribbon to eventually replace the Hyman Hendler ribbon on my old hat.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]