Archaeological Expedition

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aņejo Joe from 111.greenville-06-07rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on May 03, 2001 at 07:54:20:

Well, I finally decided to sign up for a real archaeological trip under the direction of a real archaeologist. It's not Egypt, nor the "Valley of the Crescent Moon", but at least it's a start. I will be living in the woods for a week at a dig in South Carolina, looking for evidence for "pre-Clovis" inhabitation of this area. And I will be getting field experience. This site comes complete with snakes and an alligator (Alligators! Why did it have to be alligators!) We were told what to bring, and one thing I had never thought of was that the soles of our shoes should have as little tread as possible to keep from making imprints in the site and removing material from it. What sort of tread do Aldens have? And we can't bring firearms to the site (I bet no one ever told Indy not to bring a firearm!). Guess I will have to settle for a few tomahawks and maybe a sabre. I bought a new tent with lots of room, and there is a refrigerator and hot showers. Kind of like home. Only there will be no Internet connection, and after a few days of no Internet, I may have withdrawals. I may have to drive into town for a "fix". Well, it's a first step, and maybe something I will do every year.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]