Stacy Adams Madison Boot Review...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on May 03, 2001 at 11:54:17:

OK, so I finally got the boots and here's the verdict:

The boots I got were a brown which is sort of like a coffee color. I like it because I think that it is a rare color for boots. There is also a burgundy which looked nice. The kidskin is very nice and soft, a bit shiny when new but should wear nicely looking more distressed. It breaks in right away because it is thin and flexible. The boots are lined with cloth on the interior which feels like a heavy cotton weave. Unfortunately the insole is not leather but a man made cardboard type material (big minus points). The boots are defenitely not rugged like the Aldens but are lightweight and a bit more dressy due to the long and narrow look of the last. They are good for summer use since they are so light and the soles are a thin leather. All in all these boots are not really a substitute for Aldens, but just a nice pair of retro looking ankle boots. Important point: THEY FIT REALLY LONG AND VERY NARROW. I wear a 9.5D and I had to get an 8.5EE. I ordered them through the internet and had to send them back because of the size. Luckily, I was in the US (Philadelphia) recently and ran into a shop that had them so I tried them on this time (there is a Stacy Adams website with store locations). They are sort of like the Aldens in terms of shoe size (runs big) but much much narrower than the Aldens. They also have a bit of an orthapedic shape meaning that they have really good arch support and are a bit rounded more towards the inside of the foot thus correcting pigeon toe.

Here's where you can order them in case you are interested:

www.zappos.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: