Re: Archaeological Expedition

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Man With A Hat from dix3-33.essex1.com on May 03, 2001 at 12:10:02:

In Reply to: Archaeological Expedition posted by Aņejo Joe on May 03, 2001 at 07:54:20:

So I take it you guys aren't archaeology students in any way, right? Or is this a possibility? Unfortunately, archaeology is nothing whatsoever like what Indy does unless you are willing to be shunned by the academic community, arrested for breaking international antiquities laws, and generally scoffed and laughed at by all. Ah, to be back in the thirties, when everything was possible still.

Hope you have a good time on your trip, but remember, it will probably end up mind numblingly boring if you go in expecting adventure. Rather, do what I do everytime I go on a dig, and just expect it to be boring. Then, if something happens, you are pleasantly surprised.

Of course, as an archaeology student, I love the "boring" side of archaeology just as much as I love the "Indy" side. Either way, good experience for you and should be interesting although Pre-Clovis settlements are certainly not my bag of tea. Hope you enjoy it though!

Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]