Well, that could be rather time consuming, but......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-ta072.proxy.aol.com on May 03, 2001 at 18:22:08:

In Reply to: Hey Michigan Smith..... posted by Rundquist on May 02, 2001 at 18:46:53:

With regards to the VIP, I looked at it briefly. I didn't try it on. As soon as I took it off the rack, I noticed how physically heavy it is. The leather doesn't seem particularly thicker than some of the other options, but it was the most hefty one I picked up. I noticed it was stitched differently around pockets (double row) and stitched around the sleeve cuff (none of the others were). The lining was the best looking and feeling of any I saw there. The standard Goat was my personal preference, as far as weight, leather thickness, feel of durability. That is until Sgt Hack whipped out the Roo one. The VIP is also a very soft, supple, flexible leather, not stiff new like the standard goat or cow. I didn't look at the lamb or regular cow that closely, other than a quick grope for the leather thickness and texture. Off the top my head, that's the most I can recall, but if you have something more specific, ask, maybe it'll pop back in my head.
Regards, Michigan Smith
BTW, if your anywhere close enough to consider driving to his shop, I highly recommend it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]