Indiana Magnoli's Grail Diary and Chalice

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sir Richard from h0010b5bf5601.ne.mediaone.net on May 04, 2001 at 16:03:51:

I ordered the pre-printed Grail Diary from Mr. Magnoli a week or so ago along with the Holy Grail itself. The diary is the most complete reproduction of a movie prop that I have ever seen and is simply amazing. I cannot say enough about the quality of this book that has tons of inserts and intricate drawings that are exactly like the original. The chalice is made to the exact measurements of the original and is made of clay like the main props in the movie were. There is gold leaf on the exterior as well as the interior of the cup and it is weathered and painted as the one in Last Crusade was. I highly reccommend both of these items to everyone that is looking for the most original props out there. I myself have wanted these items since 1989 when the movie came out. I have gone as far as buying cups that are similar and painting them, making cups out of molding clay, and I have even attempted to have them made by friends of mine. With books, I simply could not find one even close, and I did not know how to make one. Despite all of that, I can say with ease that this IS the cup seen in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as well as the diary.

Everyone that I have shown these two props to have been awe struck at the detail and authenticity. Many were even jealous that I had them and they didn't. I had better put them away soon, or I may get mugged and have them stolen.

Here's a link to Indy Magnoli's website that features his many props. If you have any questions at all, feel free to email him, for he answers promptly and fully.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]