Re: Sallah's Sea Chanties

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael from 130.111.155.19 on October 21, 1998 at 10:25:36:

In Reply to: Sallah's Sea Chanties posted by Yoda Boy on March 09, 1998 at 04:41:09:

I'm not sure who or what what exactly this is in reference to..however, I may have a lead on the first lyric..I was looking for the rest of the line "I am the monarch of the sea" as well, actuallyI found this page by doing a search for it.

Anyway, I found one instance of it.."I am the monarch of the sea/the ruler of the Queen's Navee"..it's from the Gilbert and Sullivan opera "HMS Pinafore". A search for that title will bring you to several sites, one of them has the complete libretto.

Hope this helps.

: Does anyone out there know the complete lyrics to the British sea chanties Sallah sings in Raiders? They start out with (what sounds to me like):

: "I am the monarch of the seas, I am the ruler of the..."

: and:

: "A British tar(?) is a soaring soul, who's free as the mountain air (a mountain bird?), his energetic fist, should be ready to resist, a dictator..."

: I always get those little bits stuck in my head after watching the movie and was just curious about how they actually go. If anyone has any info I would love to hear it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]