Opinion about the Mummy Returns for those who have seen it....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from rsvp-eli-034a.northlink.com on May 06, 2001 at 16:04:14:

It was a great movie, don't get me wrong, but didn't the second half of that movie play out like Act 2 and 3 from Diablo II to anyone else?

Mummy Returns: Great Action flik. I don't see why people care about the story, it was intended to be FUN(key word here) and action packed. And it DID have a story. A pretty solid one I think. Some of the CGI was sub-par, I admit. Particularly the Scorpion King in his Scorpion form. But this isn't too bad, considering that it still kicked ass. This film was top notch, and to anyone reading this who hasn't seen it, if you're expecting something exactly like the first Mummy, don't. That's not a bad thing at all. This movie has a very different feel to it, but the old elements are there. And, it wrapped things up a bit. It showed us that, Imhotep is not the only one trying to dominate the Earth, hot chicks can kick ass, little British kids are not as annoying as they seem in previews, O'Connell can actually fight with something other than guns, He's actually a caring, devoted husband and father, And finally, that Imhotep himself is actually a weak, backstabbing little bitch(I refer to the scene where the Scorp. King is about to rip him in half and what Imhotep does to O'Connell). Well, that's my two cents, now PLEASE let this be the last of the Reviews of the Mummy 2, after all, this is Indy Fan forum, not a Mummy forum people.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]