Your post has interested me on several levels, lets examine it critically...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 206-14-111-53.dialup.microweb.net on May 07, 2001 at 10:53:38:

In Reply to: You guys are "Flooding this BB with off topic BS posted by Tony Parker on May 07, 2001 at 10:10:03:

your first thought: Hey you wankers!
my response: since your post is about net etiquette, let me commend you on excellent start!!

Your second thought: I don't know what the netiquette is here on this BB but everywhere else on the Net you'd be kicked and banned for using the subject line as the main means of comminucation, and then you'd definitely be kicked off this BB and Banned for all this persistent Off topic "Flooding".

My response: If you don't know what the netiquette here is, perhaps you should ask before running your mouth off. Just because something is outlawed everywhere else, doesn't mean its outlawed here. Even if it is, a gentle reminder from you would be more than enough, while those who actually run the board would do the real policing. A simple comment from Micah that we were off topic and "flooding" (which all the "mummy posts" are not, which you would know if you had the experience on bulletin boards you claim to) would make those of us who care about this site shut up. As you would know, if once again you knew the "netiquette" of this board.

Your next thought: If you want to talk about mummies go to a mummy BB or start your own....

My response: Hmm...again, this is a post definitely reserved to those who actually run the forum. Not someone who's been off in the jungle mining diamonds and who just appeared on this board lately, and then pissed off several long time board members who had the temerity to question your personal ethics.

Your next thought: As the wise man once said, "it's one thing to come out of the closet, it's definitely another to take over the whole frigging house!".

My response: and which wise man was this, exactly? It doesn't seem to fit this situation. Who, or what has come out of the closet? Is this some sort of random homosexual diatribe? Take over the whole friggin' house, is that one a day or two of mummy related posts (it is a blatant rip-off of indy that has made quite a few headlines and movie history by ripping off indy) has done? What are you talking about? In fact, that is generally the impression I got.

If you are going to have a thoughtful response, please post it. otherwise, don't bother "flaming" or "flooding" and post something you'd actually like to talk about.

California Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]