"Mummy Returns" homage or rip-off? (spoiler)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from 64.14.248.62 on May 07, 2001 at 14:51:15:

I honestly can't figure out if this was not so much of a rip-off rather than an homage to Indy. I'll admit it's hard to watch a movie that has something to do with archeology and set in the same settings without thinkin' of Indy, but I don't see that as a rip-off. However . . . the water scene at the begining of the MR reminded me ALOT of the boulder scene in Raiders. The kid knocking over the cement things (sorry my vocab isn't with me this morning) was alot like the Well of Souls in Raiders. The part where the guy looks as if he has been shot in the woods and finds out the blast was from up above and killed the bad guy reminded me ALOT of the bar scene in Raiders when Marion saves Indy in the same way. Evie dying with a wound to the gut to be brought back to life seemd an awful lot like Henry buying it at the end of Crusade. And the topper when O'Connell is wearing the leather jacket and feodora which seemed to me as their way of winking at us and admitting to the similarities. Not to mention the Wlliams like score. Either way - I had ALOT of fun at this movie and will recommend it to all. I don't see at as just a way to fill a void until Indy 4 but see at as just a GREAT summer, pop-corn flick.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]