Re: Indy Hats

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em3_486.utsi.edu on January 13, 1998 at 10:00:55:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Hats posted by Anderson on January 10, 1998 at 11:50:37:

: What's wrong with the Indy hats at Disneyland? I got my first one there. It was pretty stiff at first, but after wearing it awhile it softened up beautifully. Of course, four years later it was really soft, so I got another one from Walt Disney World.

: The real problem is that (at least where I live) there's no place I can take my hats to have them cleaned and bocked. Dry cleaners won't touch them, and you obviously can't toss it in the washing machine.

A tip: if your live anywhere near a western wear store that sells cowboy hats, they hand clean hats such as your, and can do some blocking as needed. One thing to aware, though, is that the trick to the "stiffness" renewal that these stores do is the use of an inexpensive hairstray, which in itself is actually laquer, and sets the hat permanently in the blocked set. I had this done at a store in Tallahassee, FL once. While the hat looked like it did the day I purhased it, and it was a pretty old fedora, it wasn't unlike wearing a hardhat, because of the setting material. I would suggest you ask the people to hand clean the hat, and steam the shape, but not "set" the hat after the steaming. About all western wear stores offer this service for a pretty reasonable cost. Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]