Mike, I wasn't bashing CGI....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 216.160.13.249 on May 08, 2001 at 15:58:27:

In Reply to: I agree on several points, disagree on others. posted by California Mike on May 08, 2001 at 15:36:10:

Another one of the reasons I've limited my posts here recently is because I've grown tired of having to explain my comments to people who don't comprehend their meanings. I'm not a big fan of those who jump the gun and only read what they wanna read.

Mike, I wasn't bashing CGI, I was bashing Hollywood and the filmmakers for misusing it. I totally agree that CGI, when properly used is great. It's when movie studios abuse it like a kid wielding his dad's gun that the problems arise. 'Jurassic Park' and 'T2' worked perfectly with the aid of CGI. But movies like 'Dungeons & Dragons' overuse this medium and create hokey images that are nothing more than laughable.

I understand that lame scripts and weak stories have been around for years, but now horrible movies are made JUST because they can be. Twenty years ago 'Twister' would've never seen the light of day. But with the help of CGI the weak story was made into a movie that we all sat through.

Years ago misused effects weren't responsible for bad movies. But thanks to the availability of CGI we're now surrounded by movies like 'Twister' and 'Volcano' that totally rely on computer graphics to carry the film. It's a sad trend that doesn't seem to wanna go away.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]