Re: Belloq/Belloch spelling

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.5 on May 08, 2001 at 16:13:12:

In Reply to: Belloq/Belloch spelling posted by Katanga on May 08, 2001 at 15:01:15:

Well, Belloq is French, so the correct pronunciatio would be "Bell-oke" (accent on the second syllable, but pronounced softly, as in "book"). If it is also a French name, I would think that the former spelling with a "q" would take reign over the "sh", as the Germans take to colloquially using the "sh" sound in their words. I am just wondering where the derivitave actually is, because the spelling using a "q" without a "ue" afterwards (i.e. "Belloq" instead of "Belloque" seems strange to me. Just my educated guess, don't know if this helps or not.

-Indy Sean

------

Just wondering if there was any evidence of a misspelling of Belloq/Belloch in the credits (where is is spelled ...oq). My questions is due to the fact that Sallah quotes the Nazis as calling him, phonetically, Bellosh. Given that Indy pronounces it, again phonetically, Bellock, It made sense to me that the true spelling should have been Belloch. Can anyone give me some insight?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]