From Bellosh, re: new Toys McCoy Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bellosh from tc02-s15-194-3-238.cwcom.net on May 08, 2001 at 16:30:09:

In Reply to: New McCoy Indy Figure Later This Year posted by Tim Wilson on May 08, 2001 at 12:50:17:

Hi there, I'm Bellosh. I check into Indyfan forum for like the second time in three months and find myself mentioned! Basically, everything I know about the new McCoys indy is in the original piece you reproduced, which first appeared on theraider.net, and from which toy syndicate lifted their post. However, I do have something knew to add. But first, I do think it might be true - the dealer who wrote to me is a Japanese guy whose address I found on a yahoo site (I think) that is presented as a neat homage to the various Toys McCoy figures (Steve McQueen, etc). The owner of the site mentioned that the guy had dealt with him in an extremely honest and friendly manner over a sale, and well, honest and friendly guys tend not to make stuff up. I followed up this lead with an email to the Toys McCoy website (which, bizarrely, seems to feature a lot of motorcycle helmets) but also has a photo of a japanese guy called 'Benny, Mr.Cool', or Benny Shek, with a Toys mcCoy Indy (here's the URL: http://www.epoad.com/ToysMcCoy/default.asp). He seems to be the Toys McCoy head honcho. I asked about a new figure, and suggested that a Temple of Doom Indy might be cool (in tux) or a Dr.jones Snr figure. He wrote back in broken English saying something like 'yes, that sounds good, well, well, we shall see' (maddeningly I deleted the actual email). This was about three months ago. How to take this? It proves nothing, but again, why reply if there's absolutely nothing in the notion of a new Indy?
It's weird how little we know about these guys, except that they like Steve McQueen, a lot, and have recently produced Beastie Boys and very limited vendor exclusive Kevin Costner dolls. They like movie stars and leather goods, and make motorcycle helmets! i reckon that given what a money spinner the first indy fig was we will almost certainly see another - the emails I've received could be the first glimmers of confirmation (or not!). The sculptor of the first indy fig, btw, is extremely fanmous in japanese toy circles.
Does anyone else agree that Indy 4 should be about the search for a Toys mcCoy indy ('men will kill for it. . .')
regards,
Bellosh

: I recently found this story via Toy Syndicate. It may be nonsense but makes rather an exciting read -

: Bellosh recently had the idea of writing an article for a website of a friend of him who helps to run onwriters.com , about the Toys McCoy line, because they're planning a series of features on pop culture 'masterpieces' which the Toys McCoy line is. So he emailed some Japanese dealers for info about Toys McCoy, and incidentally asked if they had any Indiana Jones figures left (Bellosh has a lot of friends who want one). Most didn't reply, probably due to language difficulties, but one guy did, and here's what he had to say:

: Thank you for your contact to me. Indie already gone. We have no stock now. I can give you big news what Indie will be released new version in this year from Toys McCoy. Please wait for a while.

: Obviously there's no official information, but why would a dealer make this up? They hardly want to annoy potential customers. Bellosh thinks it's a true bill. So what could it be?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]