Re: Ya know what, Mike, I give up....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 209-21-33-113.dialup.microweb.net on May 08, 2001 at 16:37:10:

In Reply to: Ya know what, Mike, I give up.... posted by Austin Powers on May 08, 2001 at 16:25:39:

For the record, this would be the sentiment I most agree with.

[[In my opinion, the ONLY CGI that is worthwhile is the stuff you can't point out, like that used in 'Titanic'. To this day, the BEST CGI I've ever seen are the parts with the Tyrannosaurus in the 1st 'Jurassic Park'. You actually think that thing's real and dangerous. Not like the lame "flocking dinosaurs" or giant "brontosaurs". Over the years it's like instead of getting better, the CGI has gotten worse]]

Not sure why you're so frustrated, I just don't think CGI is anything more than a filmaking tool. Bad movies are presented through it, but blaming CGI is like blaming digital sound for allowing directors to dazzle us with sound effects instead of concentrating on snappy dialogue. CGI is the latest tool that filmmakers abuse, nothing more, nothing less. It hasn't dumbed down hollywood, it just gave us a new form of dumb.

Your phonics comment was a little disjointed, but I assume that was meant as a personal slur. Personal attacks, more than spirited debate, is the true disruptor of this forum. As a regular, you should know that better than anybody.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]